Spinach and Pork Small Shell Recipe (Hot or Cold, Serve 6-8)
Garlic 5 cloves
Pork/ Italian Spicy Sausage 1 pound
Salt 4 teaspoons
Ground Black Pepper 1.5 teaspoons
Small Shell Pasta 1 pound
Frozen Spinach 1 pound
Tomatoes (diced) 2 (medium)
Water 12 cups (4 quarts)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 tablespoons
Parmesan Cheese To taste
Steps for Hot Serve:
1. In a food processor, ground thick sliced onion, peeled garlic cloves, sliced pork and 1 teaspoon of salt altogether.
6. Drain the pasta and stir it with 2 tablespoons oil (prevent sticking). Pour the spinach and pork on top of the pasta, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese and serve.
Steps for Cold Serve:
1. Follow the same recipe for hot serve.
2. Cook the spinach and pork in advance. Cool it and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours or overnight.
3. Small shell pasta can be prepared in advance, cool it and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours. Or cook the pasta right before serving, put in an ice bath, drain and serve.