Vegetables Soup Recipe:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Onion (Diced) 1 medium size
Garlic (Minced) 1.5 tablespoons
Cucumber (skinned & diced) 1 medium size
Frozen whole leaf spinach 16 ounces
Carrots (skinned and diced) 3 sticks
Tomato paste 6 ounces
Can Diced Tomatoes 28 ounces
Celery (diced) 1 bunch
Salt 3 teaspoon (add or reduce to taste)
Fresh Ground Black Pepper 1.5 teaspoon (add or reduce to taste)
Parmesan Cheese (Grated) to taste
Water adjust accordingly
Dried Bay Leaves 3 very little leaves
Rosemary (finely chopped) 1/4 teaspoon
Thyme (finely chopped) 1 1/3 tablespoon
Sage (finely chopped) 1/2 teaspoon
Flat Leave Parsley (finely chopped) 1/2 tablespoon
Dried Basil 3/4 tablespoon
*Attention: If dried herbs are used (unless indicated to use dried one), half the suggested amount*
1. Add extra virgin olive oil in a large pot on medium high heat, add onion and cook until soften.
2. Add in garlic and stir until fragrance (about 15 sec).
3. Add tomato paste and stir until all ingredients are covered, stir in carrots and tomatoes (with juice).
4.Add celery, cucumber and spinach, stir well.
5. Put enough water in the pot until all vegetables are submerged. Add the bay leaves with the lid on, then bring it to a boil. (about 17 mins)
7. Add in the remaining herbs, stir well and cook for another 20 minutes without cover, season with salt and pepper. (Tip: Rub the herbs in between fingers before add in the soup, it will help to release the essential oil and fragrance)
8. Heat off. Serve in a bowl and add Parmesan Cheese to taste. （Pick out the bay leaves and DON’T eat it.)
Follow me on Twitter: @thepandamommy
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thepandamommy/
5 Responses to Vegetables Soup Recipe