Lemon Glazed Baked Donuts Recipe
All purpose flour 2 cups (extra for pan preparation)
Baking Powder 1.5 teaspoons
Sugar 3/4 cup (for donuts); 1 cup (for glaze)
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Nutmeg 1/4 teaspoon
Ginger Powder 1/8 teaspoon
Allspice 1/8 teaspoon
Vanilla Extract 1 tablespoon
Skim Milk 3/4 cup
Apple Sauce 2 tablespoons
Butter (Salted, melted) 2 tablespoons (extra for pan preparation)
Big Lemon (juiced) 1 lemon
Sprinkles for decoration
Wilton Bake Doughnut Pan
1. Preheat oven to 425F degree.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, nutmeg, ginger powder and allspice into a big bowl.
3. Add milk, apple sauce, vanilla extract and melted butter into the mixed flour, stir until just blended. (Tip: Don’t over stir, otherwise donuts will be very hard.)
4. Butter and flour the donut pan, fill batter into the pan with a small spoon until 80% full.
5. Put in the oven and bake for 7 minutes, or until cooked. (Insert a toothpick, if comes out clean then donuts are done)
6. Let donuts cool in the pan for 4 minutes, take them out and place on metal rack for decoration.
Donuts Decoration Steps:
1. In a small pot, add lemon juice and sugar over medium heat. Mix well and bring it to a boil, then lower to medium low heat, cook until thicken.
2. Place donut into lemon glaze for both sides, place it back on wire rack to cool off.
3. Or use a silicon brush to glaze the donuts.
4. Glazed donuts can be decorated with colored sugar.
5. Or use sprinkles to decorate.
F = Fahrenheit