Hubby bought a big steak and cooked it for dinner last night. It was way too big and we have a lot of leftover to use the next day. Instead of stir-fly it with some vegetables, I decided to make it into yummy beef rice. Hubby loved it and ate 2 full bowls of them, asking me to make it again soon.
Beef Rice Recipe (Serve 4)
Beef Fat 1 tablespoon
Garlic (finely minced) 1 tablespoon
Onion (finely diced) 1 cup
Beef (cut in cubes) 1 pound
Salt 2.5 teaspoons
Chicken Powder 2 teaspoons
Ground Black Pepper 1 teaspoon
Hot Steamed Rice 4 bowls
Green Onion (chopped) 2 tablespoons (Garnish and for taste)
1. Cut beef into cubes (writer used leftover steak), keep the fat. Rinse and cut the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat a skillet on medium, sear the beef fat until enough melted fat cover the bottom of skillet. (The skillet is too swallow in the photo, a deeper one will work better)
3. Remove remaining beef fat, add onion and cook until half caramelized.
4. Add garlic and stir-fly until fragrance, approximately 1 minute.
5. Add beef, 1.5 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon chicken powder and black pepper into skillet, stir-fly beef until medium well.
Tips: If you prefer a more beefy taste, substitute water with same amount of beef stock to cook rice.
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlepandamommykitchen
Follow me on Twitter: @thepandamommy
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thepandamommy/
3 Responses to Beef Rice Recipe