Do you see leftover as headache or quick fix to the next yummy meal? If reheating them without a makeover, I bet most people won’t enjoy it. However, if you add a few new ingredients and make it into something new, it will save you time, money and make room for your refrigerator. Today, I transformed the leftover mashed potatoes (you can use baked potatoes too) into creamy potatoes soup.
Creamy Potatoes Soup Recipe
2 cups Mashed Potatoes
1/2 – 1 cup 2% Milk
1 leave Bay leave (small)
1/2 cup Green Onion (thin sliced)
To taste White Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
To taste Salt
To taste Fresh Ground Pepper
Optional Crumbled Bacon
Le Creuset 2-quart Cast Iron Heritage Legumier
1. Mix mashed potatoes and 1/2 cup milk in the pot over medium heat. (Pic 1)
2. Add bay leave when the soup start to smoke (do it before boil).
3. If thinner consistence is desired, add milk. After it boil, lower heat to medium low, add salt, pepper and cheese to taste, heat off. (Pic 2)
4. Sprinkle green onion and crumbled bacon if desired. (Pic 3 & 4)
1. Baked potatoes can easily turn into this soup, just scoop the fresh out and add a touch more milk than the recipe above, reuse all the toppings as garnish, done.
2. If super smooth consistence is desired, put the soup in a blender for a few minutes.
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlepandamommykitchen
Follow me on Twitter: @thepandamommy
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thepandamommy/