I love crepes, my girls love strawberries and chocolate, so I made this chocolate crepe with strawberries cream cheese filling for breakfast today. The strawberries were big and sweet, all riped yesterday and I had to preserve it and use them later. By adding a little bit sugar, the strawberries released the juice and prolonged the shelf life, turned into a yummy dessert on its own, or you can make it into this delicious breakfast (you can serve it as dessert too).
1/4 cup Unsweetened Chocolate Powder
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Chocolate Soy Milk
1 tablespoon Salted Butter (pan greasing)
For Strawberries Cream Cheese Filling:
1 pint Fresh Strawberries (small cubed)
3 rounded teaspoons Sugar
To taste Strawberry Cream Cheese (Philadelphia Brand)
8 inches non-stick pan (Gordon Ramsey by Royal Doulton)
1. Mix fresh strawberries and sugar, refrigerate until crepes are done or pre-made it the night before.
2. Mix all crepe ingredients together until well blended (no lumps).
3. Heat up non-stick over medium heat, grease with butter, add crepe batter (about 3 tablespoons) in center and spread evenly by swirling the pan.
4. Cook crepe for 10 seconds or until edge is cooked. Flip and cook for 5 seconds, remove and lay flat on a plate.
5. Repeat step 4 – 6, until all batter is gone. Stack cooked crepes on top of each other.
6. Place a crepe on a plate, spread strawberry cream cheese evenly but leave a 1/2 inch edge all around.
7. Add 1 tablespoon strawberries in a straight line (about 1 inch from the edge), fold crepe from both ends of strawberries line, then roll it up like a burrito.
8. Add extra cream cheese and strawberries on top. Serve immediately.