It was Alexis big day yesterday. She is now 4.5 years old and passed the evaluation to move up to the next level in gymnastics school, which means her hard work and all those practices at home (she did it all by herself with anyone asked her to, what a self-motivated little one) had paid off. She was so proud of herself and so did mommy. She improved a lot within the last 2 weeks, even I was impressed. To celebrate her little milestone and show my support for her hard-working, I arranged a movie date with the girls (we watched Rapunzel), served them these girly and pretty pink kettle popcorn for snacks. Everyone had a good time and they said it was the best day ever.
Homemade Pink Kettle Popcorn Recipe
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Popcorn Kernel
1/4 cup Sugar
2-3 drop Pink Food Color Gel
1/8 teaspoon Salt / Himalayan Pink Salt
1. In a large pot, add vegetable oil and 1 kernel over medium high heat, cover the lid.
2. Wait until the kernel popped, add all kernels, sugar and food color gel, stir well and cover with lid.
3. Wear a pair of oven mittens, move the pot around non-stop until most kernels popped. (Tip: Very slow popping sound is a good indicator of most kernels popped)
4. Turn the heat off and let it cover for 30 seconds.
5. Sprinkle salt on popcorn, close lid and shake the pot up and down to mix.
6. Open lid and let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving, enjoy.
1. Beware of the hot steam when you open the lid right after the popcorn popped, use a spoon to scoop them out.
2. Fresh popcorn is HOT, let it cool a bit before you dive in. (I burned myself a few times to learn this lesson, even they look, smell and taste so good, wait a minute)
3. You can change the food color gel into any color, liquid food color can be used too.
4. Serve this with your favorite movie and drink, most important part, share it with your favorite people, it makes the popcorn taste so much sweeter without extra sugar.
Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlepandamommykitchen
Follow me on Twitter: @thepandamommy
Follow me on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/thepandamommy/