No Egg Sugar Cookies Recipe: (About 5 dozen)
Salted Butter (Softened) 1 cup
Sugar 1.75 cups
Apple Sauce 2 tablespoons
Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
Flour 2.75 cups
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
Salt 1/4 teaspoon
Milk 2 tablespoon
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Divide dry ingredients into 3 patches, add one at a time into the mixer on slow speed until blended.
3. Add milk and mix well.
4. Divide the dough into 2 pieces, roll them into balls then press into round discs. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit (about 200 degree Celsius)
7. Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Place the baking sheet on metal rack for 4 minutes, remove cookies and place on metal rack until completely cool off.
If desire, add royal icing to decorate the cookies.
Royal Icing Recipe:
Egg White 2
Powdered Sugar 3.5cups
Water 2 teaspoons
Food Coloring adjust as you go
1. In a standing mixer with beater, beat egg white and powdered sugar on slow speed until blended. Add water and mix well.
2. If the icing is too thick, add a drop of water at a time. If too thin, add a little powdered sugar.
3. Add food coloring (drop by drop), mix well.
1. Any food coloring (gel or liquid base) and sprinkles can be used.
2. Remember to wait until the cookies are completely cool down before putting any icing on top. If not, icing may not set or worse could melt.
Sugar cookies decoration:
Example 1: Put icing in a pastry bag with a small round tip, decorate the edges and put random shapes in the middle.
Example 3: Glaze cookie surface with icing, then put a lot of sprinkles on top.
Example 4: Glaze the cookie surface, decorate the cookie in details with different sprinkles.